Tuesday, July 4, 2023

KDTime: That's Expensive


Episode 61

When I was growing up a bag of chips cost 25 cents, a bag of sunflower seeds was 25 cents, a drink was 50 cents and gum was 5 or 10 cents. A sandwich was maybe $3 dollars. I was able to go to the store with $5 and was able to get a large bag of "junk" food because it was so easy. If I ever came into a store with $20 I felt like a Queen among peasants. It was like I was rich and could do anything.

These prices were are facing in this day and age are NOT the same. It is absolutely wild to me that $5 is like chump change. You can feel so broke with $20 in your pocket. Walking around with $100 was incredibly rare so I never really did that but still it doesn't feel like much nowadays. Even though it is a lot of money. It just doesn't feel that way anymore.

I don't think I could fathom the amount of brain power it would take to restore order in the American economy but I feel like someone should do something. It shouldn't cost and arm and a leg to LIVE. And it doesn't help that people are so money hungry that the economic is failing us. What are we to do when the cost of eggs is around $6 to $8. 

Not everyone has the luxury of having their own egg laying chickens. Not everyone has the luxury of growing their own veggies and fruits. 

In this episode, I dive into the things that are just too damn expensive that shouldn't be. Something has got to change for real.

GAS
RENT
MORTGAGE FOR A HOUSE
EGGS
MILK

It's ridiculous. But these are the times we are living in. 

What can we do to make things less expensive???


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

KDTime: Imagine Listening with Ricardo Martinez

  Episode 89 Being a 911 dispatcher is like being the calm in the chaos, the voice of reason in moments of panic and distress. Every day bri...