Wednesday, June 23, 2021

KDTime: Thanks Disney Pt. 1

Episode Sixteen

I love Disney, I love the parks and I've been to Disneyland and DisneyWorld. I need to go back to Disneyland because I haven't been there in so long. To put it in perspective the last time I went How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days was in theaters. Yes, the very movie I introduce in my very first episode of my podcast is the same that was out in theaters the year I went to Disneyland. You do you're own research on that. I love the movies, the shows, and as I type this today Wednesday June 23, 2021 a new episode of Loki has come out that I will watch later today on Disney+. 


So you might be wondering why I named this episode Thanks Disney, well it's simple as much as I love Disney sometimes the logic behind the movies are hilariously bad. Allow me to explain. I have some grievances that I talk about here. Mostly about the classics Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Snow White etc., they all have something in common, the parents are terrible! It makes you wonder what happened to Walt Disney for him to be so cynical towards parental figures. Trust me there are plenty conspiracy theories out there as well as some facts on the subject but I don't want to get into that. At least I don't in this episode.

Here's an excerpt from the episode:

 "Sleeping beauty. I would look for ways to protect my castle from dark magic. And I would keep the princess in the castle raised by servants. To learn and grow under the same roof. 


Cinderella. Why didn’t the fairy godmother come back? Why did she not get more time at the ball!?


What is up with evil older women and their serious vendetta on young innocent girls?? It just seems like women are evil towards other women. NO, scratch that 5 out of the 15 disney princess films they have to face an evil older woman?!?! Ursula and Ariel, Evil Queen and 14 year snow white, Maleficent and Aurora, Mother Gothel and Rapunzel, and finally Cinderella and her step mom Lady Tremaine. All the rest deal with evil men with the exception of Moana and Merida. Moana didn’t really have a “villain” because Maui is the one who caused the land to be angry in the first place she just needed her heart. So yea. And Merida with the bear again was not really a villain, it was just a strange set of circumstances.

This question was probably already asked. But why didn’t or couldn’t Ariel write to Eric? She knew how too. She could spell her name? It just doesn’t make sense to me?"

Older women in almost every film have issues with the younger women. Whether they are obsessed with beauty or power or even both, there is always something that causes the villian and victim to be at odds. A lot of the times the young women are clueless to the mistreatment until the end of the movie when everything works out.

I'll stick to being a cheetah girl if that's the case. 

"I don't wanna be like Cinderella, sitting in dark cold dusty cellar, waiting for somebody to come and set me free... I'd rather rescue myself" 

Lyrics from The Cheetah Girls Song Cinderella. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

KDTime: Imagine Listening with Ricardo Martinez

  Episode 89 Being a 911 dispatcher is like being the calm in the chaos, the voice of reason in moments of panic and distress. Every day bri...