Wednesday, June 23, 2021

KDTime: Throwback Thursday One

Episode Fourteen

This episode is very clear from the start what it is going to be about. It's a Throwback Thursday where I take a trip down memory lane. My memory lane to be exact. Do you ever see something that comes back to mind and you feel like you have a vague memory of this thing but it was definitely around at some point in your life? If yes, then this episode is for you and if not, then this episode will educate you on some of the things that were introduced years ago.

In this episode I talk about "things we didn't realize we'd do for the last time" and facebook memories. When I talk about things that we didn't realize we'd do for the last time I'm specifically talking about millennials such as myself. For example, when's the last time you used a newspaper to look up movie times? Now we can find pretty much everything and anything on our electronics including watching a movie before it's even released.

Here's the link for the source:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/millennials-did-last-time

I know I know it's buzzfeed, but it relates.

Here's an excerpt from the episode:

"There are some serious photos of me that I would love to remove from my Facebook lol I’ve been on Facebook since the day it was created! I remember talking about this in the episode on Social Media. And can I just say I know that was a mesh of topics. Anyway, Facebook has this feature that allows us to look through the memories, On this day, or the “you have memories with …” and it’s either posts, pictures or things you did on the day years ago. I also seem to catch the one where I'm all lovey dovey with an ex of mine of I think 10 years and I'm like aww man. But for the most part I really do look back. I do the same things I'm sure most of you guys do."

Every year I see the same memories from facebook and every year I'm like "my my my has times changed". It's interesting how much things have changed over years even though as a people we are not too big on change and yet it happens constantly all around us. Sometimes change happens really fast or sometimes it doesn't and it's a slow burn but change does happen.

Luckily, change means we usually adapt to new things and will look at things in new or different ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

KDTime: Imagine Listening with Ricardo Martinez

  Episode 89 Being a 911 dispatcher is like being the calm in the chaos, the voice of reason in moments of panic and distress. Every day bri...