Wednesday, June 23, 2021

KDTime: Showers, Camps, Ladders Oh My!

Episode Eleven.

In this episode I talk about three different topics, the first is on baby showers vs bridal showers that are more common to go to by race, the camp I practically lived at for 10 straight summers, and finally social media social ladders.

 As a person of color throughout my life I've gone to more baby showers in comparison to bridal showers. Now I completely understand that I couldn't exactly go to bridal showers in my earlier years, but even now I have probably only been to two bridal showers and I'm in the age range where my girl friends are "supposed" to get married. Why is it that more woman are having babies before marriage? That is definitely a top for another day.

Sunshine Acres is one of the hugest parts of my late teens/early twenties life. It’s a camp located in Ellenville, Napanoch New York. It’s a great outdoor sleepaway camp that’s been around for over a hundred years; established in 1909. It started in Long Island but moved over to Upstate New York due to the expansion.  One of the camp’s main purposes is to give young children a better understanding of who Jesus is and his impact in their lives as well as how to strengthen their relationship with Him. You can find them on Facebook search for Sunshine Acres - Camp and Conference Center as well as on instagram which needs to be updated @sunshine.acres. To find out more information about the camp you can go to their website www.sunshineacres.com.  



Here's an excerpt from the show:

"When you’re trending you can’t control the stories or the narrative. I commend those who have been able to be at the top of the social media ladders and haven’t fallen or had to climb down. It takes a lot to be popular and you have to keep up with everything that’s going on. If you don’t keep up with posting and constantly putting yourself out there. You’ll be forgotten and irrelevant. Yesterday’s news. Why is it hard to get genuine followers?"



No comments:

Post a Comment

KDTime: Imagine Listening with Ricardo Martinez

  Episode 89 Being a 911 dispatcher is like being the calm in the chaos, the voice of reason in moments of panic and distress. Every day bri...