Wednesday, June 23, 2021

KDTime: Irrational Fears & Fears vs. Phobias

Episode Twelve 

We've all been afraid of something or another. It could be a super common fear or something irrational which might get you looked at in a way such as "but why" or "but how". It was very interesting to do the research for this particular episode. Rational and Irrational fears are completely valid though, something could've scared you as a child and it stuck with you for the rest of your life or you could've picked up a fear later in life it doesn't matter. Fear is Fear.

In this episode, I talk about effective ways to overcome some phobias and irrational fears to be helpful. I understand if the things I talk about do not work. This could bring up the thoughts of your fears and phobias but this episode is not to make you afraid or anything. I just thought about talking openly about my own irrational fears and phobias.

Here's an excerpt from the episode:

"Whenever I had a bad dream or nightmare I thought having a ton of stuffed animals around me while I slept would protect me. You could say I watched Toy Story way too much because the stuffed animals would surround my head as I slept and I just knew they would come to life to fight off anything that dared to bother me. Another irrational fear was if I stuck my foot out of the covers because I was too hot but a monster would come and yank it. The solution I figured monsters didn’t like very clean feet. Because they were gross and only liked gross things. I just knew they wouldn’t touch my feet if they were clean so I’d clean my feet before bed."

Here the two websites sources:

https://www.verywellmind.com/most-common-phobias-4136563

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/anxiety/phobias-and-irrational-fears.htm


https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/gqbm8b/whats_a_weird_or_uncommon_fear_that_you_have/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

No comments:

Post a Comment

KDTime: Imagine Listening with Ricardo Martinez

  Episode 89 Being a 911 dispatcher is like being the calm in the chaos, the voice of reason in moments of panic and distress. Every day bri...