Tuesday, January 5, 2021

KDTime: Same Childhood Say Whaaa?

 There is no doubt in my mind that the people I grew up with in the 90s and early 2000s in the concrete jungle that is NYC all somehow some way experienced the same childhood at some points in our life. Anywhere from watching the same tv shows like Barney, Between the Lions, Arthur, or the same movies like She's All That, 10 Things I hate about you, 17 again, Juno. But in a more realistic way how many of you remember making rap beats on the lunch table? It was sometimes my favorite part of going to lunch besides recess.


In this particular episode three topics are addressed. First regarding our childhoods, second on being a "YES" person and finally a fun hashtag called #YouAreOfficiallyOldIf 

three fun and light topics and that make you think about good old days and fun times before things changed for you. in hindsight everything changes because people who are being born today will have a completely different experience of life than you. Remember that.

Here's an excerpt from the episode;

"If you have a twitter account sometimes in your search menu or timeline you’ll see hashtags that basically have been used so many times that they become a trending topic. Right now there aren’t as many funny trending topics that circulate on a higher level because most of us are focused on what’s going on right now. I mean sometimes my timelines show funny things but it's very few and far in between and i just know we need a good laugh sometimes to relieve ourselves from stress and tension. There's  a time to be serious and a time to be silly I know. But even during serious times things can get too intense and I think a good laugh is a great way to break the tension.

I hope you had a good laugh. I like doing feel good episodes. I spend most of my personal time trying to be in the moment and happy. And I'm doing my best to stay positive and hopeful. In regard to the seriousness with our country's politics and the change that it so desperately needs. Stay open-minded and do your part to be on the positive side of change. We make our own history. I’ll end on a quote. Recovery Experts .com says “Look for something positive each day, even if some days you have to look a little harder.”" 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

KDTime: Imagine Listening with Ricardo Martinez

  Episode 89 Being a 911 dispatcher is like being the calm in the chaos, the voice of reason in moments of panic and distress. Every day bri...